Friday, October 17, 2014

Learning How to Like Oatmeal

If you would have told me three years ago that one day I would LOVE oatmeal, I would probably say that you don't know me well at all.  In fact, up until after my son was born, I hadn't eaten oatmeal since I was a little girl.  Even then, anytime my mom would fix it for us for breakfast, I would tear up my buttered toast and each bite I took had to be accompanied by a piece of toast. 

It's amazing though what you will do for your children.  I was struggling with lactation and kept reading over and over to eat oatmeal to help with my milk supply.  So reluctantly, I made my first bowl.  Y'all, I crammed everything in that bowl I could to get down the oatmeal.



Some ingredients I added to my oatmeal to make it tastier were:

Raisins
Sliced apples
Honey
Brown sugar
Cinnamon
and of course, two slices of toast on the side.

 Thankfully, over time I was able to go from nearly gagging, to eating oatmeal not just for lactation, but because I actually enjoy it.  In fact, I only add cinnamon and raisins now.  So, if you know the benefits of eating oatmeal, but can't stand the taste or texture, I promise that if I can eat it, anyone can!


No comments:

Post a Comment